Welcome to Kampus Group’s privacy notice. Kampus Group is committed to protecting your personal data and privacy. This privacy notice will inform you of how we take care of your personal information when you visit our website (from any global jurisdiction), and tell you about how the law protects your privacy rights.
Important information and who we are
Purpose of This Notice
This privacy notice serves to inform you on how Kampus Group stores and processes your personal data through use of this website. It is important that this notice is read so that you are fully aware of how Kampus Group stores and uses your data.
Kampus Group Ltd is the controller and responsible for your personal data. Our data privacy manager is responsible for overseeing any queries in relation to this privacy notice.
Our contact details for any data privacy related queries are as follows.
Name of Company: Kampus Group Ltd
Name of data privacy manager: A H Azaz
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office 1 Cheltenham House, 253 Commercial Road, London, E1 2BT
Third Party Links
The Kampus website includes links to third party websites for your convenience and to provide additional information, however, Kampus Group is not responsible under any circumstance for the collection of data by third party sites. Before providing any external sites with your private information, we encourage you to check their privacy statements.
The data we collect about you
Personal data refers to any kind of personal information about an individual that can help them be identified. We may require to collect, use and store various forms of information about you that we have listed below.
This information is strictly used for the purposes of: university admissions guidance and consultation, university admissions, and visa applications. This information will only be available to: your Kampus Group university consultant/s, the governmental agencies responsible for visa applications, and university admission teams of the universities applied to.
- Identity Data: includes student’s name, student’s surname, name and surname of parent/s or guardians, student’s date of birth, student’s gender, student’s passport details, parent or guardian’s passport details if necessary, student’s visa details and CAS number, UCAS number if necessary, school/university transcripts, letter of purpose, letter of recommendation, portfolio, CV
- Contact Data: includes student’s billing address, parent’s billing address, email address, telephone number, mobile phone number
- Financial Data: includes student and/or parent’s bank statements to verify income and revenue, payment card details for university fees payment
- Transaction Data: includes details about payments to and from you to us, and details about products or services purchased from us
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, tie zone setting and location, browser, operating system, platform, devices
- Profile Data: includes your purchases or orders, preferences and feedback
- Usage Data: includes information on how you use our services
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences
We also collect and use aggregated Demographic Data which includes aggregate/collective information on customer demographics. It is used to calculate the percentage of users accessing our website, pages or services with common characteristics such as region, gender and income. This is purely to improve the quality and accessibility of our services and to help us understand our customer demographics.
We many also require to collect special categories of personal data such as information on any disabilities or learning difficulties, any criminal convictions, and biometric data.
If you fail to provide the required personal data
Where we require a form of personal data to process your application that you fail to provide, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have with us.
How is your personal data collected?
Different methods may be used to collect data from you including.
- Direct interactions by phone, email, phone or in-person
- Automated technologies as you interact with our website using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies
- Third party or publicly available sources using analytics providers, advertising networks, search information providers, as well as contact, financial and transactional data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we use your data
- We will only use your personal data where the law allows us to, often in the following scenarios:
- Where we need to perform a contract with you
- Where it is necessary for our interests of the interests of educational (university)or governmental (visa provider) institutions and your interests do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
We provide you with choices regarding personal data uses around marketing and advertising.
We may require your profile information and preferences to form a view on what we think may be of interest to you and may communicate this you in the form of marketing offers or suggestions if you have signed up or requested this information from us and have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We will obtain your consent before sharing any of your personal data with any companies or institutions outside Kampus Group.
Change of Purpose
We will only use your data for the purposes which we have collected it. If we do require to use it for another purpose, we will inform you and explain the legal basis allowing us to do so.
Disclosure of personal data
Kampus have put measures in place to prevent your personal data from being lost, accessed or used in an unauthorized way. We will limit your information to being used only by employees and third parties who have a business need to know, and they will only process your information based on our instructions.
In the case of an unlikely personal data breach, we will notify you and any regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
By law, we keep basic information about our clients for six years after they cease being clients. In come circumstances, you can ask us to delete your data. In some cases, we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes.