Aston is a leading UK university for business and technology related courses, having evolved into the UK’s first college of advanced technology in 1956. It also has one of the largest and oldest business schools in the UK.
Aston is amongst the top 100 universities in the world for Business and Management, while it’s masters in Management was voted 5th in the UK and 36th in the world.
Aston is known for its commitment to social mobility, diversity and sustainability. It was also ranked 11th in the UK for continuation, which refers to how well students are academically supported during their university studies, reducing drop-out rate.
The university is based in Birmingham, a vibrant and exciting student city.
- Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Life and Health Sciences
- Languages and Social Sciences
79.2% of graduates in professional jobs or further study, top 200 in the world for employability and 30th in the UK for graduate prospects.
Fees and Scholarships
Aston university fees range from £13,900 to 19,950 for undergraduate programs, and £15,250 to 19,000 for postgraduate programs. Students are able to pay in instalments of one payment of 50% and two payments of 25%. More information can be found here.
Aston also offers a range of scholarships with the Aston Support and MBA scholarships being available for international students.
Aston University provides award-winning, on campus accommodation. First year students are guaranteed a room in Aston Village. Furthermore, Aston Student Union is able to provide guidance and recommendations for students looking to rent a property off-campus.
First year students will have the option of either a room in a 5 bed or 7 bed flat. The flats are split between 3 buildings, each with similar facilities and access to Aston’s main building and campus facilities. Accommodation applications open April 2021, find out more about Aston university’s accommodation here.
- Top 20 most international university
- More than 73% of students take a placement year, the most in the UK
- You can learn a language for free here
- Student Union has achieved “Buildings That Inspire Award”
- Times Higher Education has voted Aston “Outstanding Entrepreneurial University” in 2020
- Sponsors Aston University Engineering academy for 14 to 19 year olds
- First university in UK to offer a degree apprenticeship